onsdag 30. juli 2014

Day + 14 - Just some early morning thoughts in room 322

I do remember the day Anastasia showed me this room and I setteled in. I was in a happy, strange, surreal kind of feeling.......
Wow, here I am going to live for the next 4 -5 weeks. This is were all the macig happens.... This is my home for now.... :-)

There were a lot of other patients here, and Brendan, who was arriving the same day as me, had just been placed in 2. nd floor for a couple of days, before he was joining me and the others up here on third.
Brendan, his father, Roald and me, met at the Vega that morning and shared a cab to the hospitale.

Well, it was time to get to know the other patients here. I had to "turn on the english button" and just try to talk as best as I could. ;-)
I walked the hallwall talked to the ones I saw there, both patients, and their familly, and I even knocked on doors to say hello, and to introduce myself.
I tried to get a overlook about who lived in each room, by writing down, names and number in my little notice-book.
I forget so easy,so this was my little helper. ;-)

After some sosializing, it was so good to return to my room to sort out my experienses and just be me.. think, rest and be able to talk and think norwegian again. :-)
It is quite straining to speak english all the time.... but I also loved beeing able to get to know this bunch of friendly, helpful and etremly kind people.

I remember the New Zealand couple in the neighbour room offering to show and acommodate Roald the tramroute back to the Vega. They had been reciving this same "service" by the familiy members from another patient when they arrived, and were now "passing on" the tradition.
Wow, how great is that.... ? What a way to be feeling welcomed.....? A great day it was for sure.....;-)

Maybe that is why I so fast felt very safe and included when I entered the hospitale. I really felt good, relaxed and SAFE here in my room when I went to bed that night. ;-)

Well, now it is nearly six o'clock here in Moscow, and the qiuet early mornings, with a good cup of coffee has often been the best part of the day.
Because of the lack of  coherent sleep, due to steroids, and other stuff, The mornings have been good to relax and whine down and just experience the day emerge. The nurse bell is also pretty quiet at that time. :-)

Today I am moving downstairs for the last day and night here at the Pirogov. It sure is a strange and I am having very mixed feelings right now, about that........ about leaving this beautiful hospitale... :-)

Well, I better get me some coffee and open the blinds in the window to see the world outside coming to life as well.

I did manage to do some organizing and packing last night, so plan on having a good shower and take it slow and steady today. Change of rooms will be at around 10 -11 I think, because they need time to clean and prepare the room for one of the Aussies who will take over this one and will be transplanted in here today.... just like I did. :-)
So far I don't know what room I will have downstairs..... time will tell. :-)

And I soooo look forward to the tripple birthday party later on today. Wishing all the three Aussies good luck with their transplant today!! :-) <3 <3 <3

Ingen kommentarer: